Hey there! I'm Caleb Polley. I've been building businesses since I was 15 and have worn many hats in my life: entrepreneur, manager, marketer, event planner, course designer, web designer, e-commerce seller, and finally, sandwich artist. Because of this, I am able to thrive in multi-faceted projects, diverse teams, and complex situations.
I also make a solid sandwich.
Caleb was one of our best Campus Managers - growing his territory by over 40%. He hired and managed a team of over 20 students to run direct sales and our on-campus marketing campaigns. All of our campus reps, working under Caleb, along with our office staff, overseeing him, loved working with him.Paul Arlin CEO, Campus Vacations
Caleb is an exceptional public speaker, and his talents combined with hard work led him to win the 1K prize during VFF. Further, Caleb has contributed greatly to the Velocity community through his enthusiasm at events, excellent networking skills and charismatic personality.Shirley Luu Program Assistant, Velocity
I found Caleb to be an extremely capable colleague, who works very well in a collaborative environment, and can be relied upon to carry out his project responsibilities proficiently and expeditiously. I am very pleased to recommend his work.Pia Zeni Online Learning Consultant, University of Waterloo
Caleb was always very thorough with his work and confident with public presentation. Caleb is not only a great person to work with, but his enthusiasm for life and his sense of humour also makes him a great person to be around.Grace Wong Marketing Associate, University of Waterloo
CEO & Co-Founder
• Led a team of engineers that designed, manufactured, marketed, and sold pod privacy beds for dorms, hostels, and special needs environments.
• Awarded over $80,000 in startup pitch competitions.
Digital Media Production Assistant
University of Waterloo
• Web design using HTML, CSS, and Wordpress
• Video creation using Canon 70D and Sony Vegas
• Worked with UWaterloo's Conrad center to create "BET 100 - Essentials of Entrepreneurship" online course and marketing plan
• Developed digital media for online courses at the University of Waterloo using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Audition
• Co-founded a concert and event planning company with 50+ events and 20,000+ people in total attendance
• Partnered with companies such as Red Bull, INK Entertainment, Escapade/VELD/Digital Dreams Music Festivals, XL Entertainment, Campus Vacations and more
• Managed a team of 12-20 sales reps for SnowJam ’12/’13/’14 which resulted in $100,000-140,000 in revenue across the 3 month selling period.
• Grew sales by over 40% on high-priced ($500+) ski trips which increased revenue by $50,000
• Created viral social media campaigns through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube that reached tens of thousands of viewers
Product Operations Specialist
• Produced weekly Excel and PowerPoint reports for tracking orders, activations, inventory, and part releases
• Worked with the design department to develop an aesthetically pleasing operating system for BB10 RDUs
University of Waterloo
• Authored an in-depth market research report on the Nanotechnology job market
• Headed the initial stages of the CECA social media campaign
• Worked collaboratively with team members to produce several successful events
• Executed affiliate marketing campaigns using paid advertising through Google AdWords, AdSense, external PPC/PPV networks, media buys, social media, viral blogging, and SEO
• Developed a website with several hundred members and thousands of monthly site visits that reviewed information products in the field of online marketing
• Established an eBay store to sell information products, clothing, DVDs, electronics, and event tickets
• Awarded the Silver Powerseller status due to having 98%+ positive feedback and over $40,000 in annual sales
• Sold my dog's slobbery tennis ball for $227 *ask me*
B.A. Honors Business, Speech Communications, & Spanish
University of Waterloo - 3.7 GPA
Outtatown - Gap Year Program
Volunteer experiences: Aboriginal reserve, inner city "urban plunge" in Vancouver & Winnipeg (crazy stories - ask), orphanages, soup kitchens, intensive Spanish school, & 2-month homestay with Guatemalan family
Adventures: Roasted marshmallows over lava, bungee jumping, white water rafting, cliff diving, & bonding with 20 strangers turned into lifelong friends
I like learning and love doing.
I was president and comm. exec of two campus clubs, compete in snowboarding and public speaking contests, and enjoy creative photography. I lived in Spain & Guatemala for a year, fell in love with SE Asia, and speak "flawless" Spanish after a pint or two. Life begins outside the comfort zone and that's where I strive to stay.
- Mountain Biking
- Working Out